LaGrange (4-2, 1-0 USA South) rallied to down Maryville 7-2 in the Panthers' opening USA South match in men's tennis. The visiting Scots took two of the three doubles matches before the Panthers swept all six singles matches.
1. Daniel Silva/Marcos Herrero (MC) def. Mitchell Corley/Will Thompson (LC) 8-6
2. Lance Shealy/John Mitchell Benton (LC) def. Mateus Coling/Charles Russell (MC) 8-2
3. Trevor Perry/Wes Bloeme (MC) def. Drew Cantrell/Thatcher Alu (LC) 8-4
1. Mitchell Corley (LC) def. Daniel Silva (MC) 3-0, retired
2. Will Thompson (LC) def. Marcos Herrero (MC) 3-6, 7-5, 6-1
3. Lance Shealy (LC) def. Charles Russell (MC) 7-6 (7-4), 6-0
4. John Mitchell Benton (LC) def. Wes Bloeme (MC) 6-0, 6-1
5. Drew Cantrell (LC) def. Trevor Perry (MC) 6-3, 6-4
6. Thatcher Alu (LC) def. Cole Stinson (MC) 6-1, 6-0
The loss moves the Maryville men to 2-3 on the season and 0-1 in league challenges.
The LaGrange women (4-3) swept visiting USA South foe Maryville 9-0 on Saturday. The match did not count in the conference standings. The two teams will meet again on March 25 for the conference counting match.
1. Jenna Eppes/Elizabeth Knott (LC) def. Savannah Bain/Carter Dickinson (MC) 8-2
2. Liz Minick/Denney Meigs (LC) def. Tessa Wilcox/Katie Stephens (MC) 8-1
3. Jia Lee/Carli Jones (LC) def. McKennah Francis/Joyce Coling (MC) 8-0
1. Jenna Eppes (LC) def. McKennah Francis (MC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Elizabeth Knott (LC) def. Savannah Bain (MC) 6-0, 6-2
3. Liz Minick (LC) def. Carter Dickinson (MC) 6-1, 6-0
4. Jia Lee (LC) def. Tessa Wilcox (MC) 6-1, 6-0
5. Denney Meigs (LC) def. Katie Stephens (MC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Carli Jones (LC) def. Joyce Coling (MC) 6-4, 7-6 (8-6)
The loss moves the Maryville women to 0-5 on the season.
The MC programs will prepare to take on USA South foe Huntingdon College in Montgomery, Alabama on March 11th.