The Maryville College men's tennis program fell to 1-6 on the season after a 6-3 loss at the hands of Brevard College on Tuesday afternoon in Brevard North Carolina.
This non-conference matchup saw the Tornados take 2-of-3 doubles matches. Maryville's No. 3 doubles combo of Austin Smith and Cole Stinson took their match against Florian Peyssonneaux and Jaume Reig by the score of 8-4.
Complete match results include:
- Tom Mittring (BC) def. Daniel Silva (MVCM) 5-7, 6-3, 6-4
- Tim Hengst (BC) def. Marcos Escudero (MVCM) 6-1, 6-2
- Will Christiansen (BC) def. Mateus Coling (MVCM) 6-0, 6-0
- Trevor Perry (MVCM) def. Jaume Reig (BC) 6-7, 6-3, 7-6
- David Bumgarner (BC) def. Cole Stinson (MVCM) 7-5, 6-7, 6-1
- Austin Smith (MVCM) def. Florian Peyssonneaux (BC) 6-2, 6-3
- Hengst/Mittring (BC) def. Silva/Escudero (MVCM) 8-3
- Chriatiansen/Bumgarner (BC) def. Perry/Coling (MVCM) 8-3
- Stinson/Smith (MVCM) def. Reig/ Peyssonneaux 8-4
Maryville will now prepare to host USA South foe Covenant College on Friday, March 16th.