Maryville College fell in USA South play on Saturday morning, as the Hawks of Huntingdon College earned the sweep, 9-0.
MC's Austin Smith led the way for Maryville, as he posted scores of 6-3 and 6-4 in the Scots' top-seeded position. Smith, along with doubles partner Cole Stinson took Huntingdon to an 8-4 match in doubles play.
Tennis Match Results
Huntingdon College vs Maryville College Men's Tennis
Mar 23, 2019 at Maryville, Tenn.
Huntingdon College 9, Maryville College Men's Tennis 0
1. Mark Melchor (HCM) def. Austin Smith (MVCM) 6-3, 6-4
2. Carson Sands (HCM) def. Cole Stinson (MVCM) 6-1, 6-0
3. Anjala Chandrasoma (HCM) def. Beau Branton (MVCM) 6-0, 6-0
4. Clint Robinson (HCM) def. Egan Spoltore (MVCM) 6-1, 6-0
5. Kevaughnte Merrion (HCM) def. Andre Matamoros (MVCM) 6-1, 6-0
6. Domenic Terrell (HCM) def. Caleb Underdown (MVCM) 6-0, 6-1
Huntingdon College 5-3, 3-3 USA South
Maryville College Men's Tennis 0-9, 0-6 USA South