MC fell, 8-1, to the Royals with the duos doubles win. Stinson and Smith combined to defeated Michael Rhodenbaugh and Stephen Damon, 8-5. Smith narrowly missed a singles victory, taking Carson Byington to extras. Byington snuck away with the match with a 10-8 tiebreak score.
Maryville will return to action on Friday, April 19. The Scots travel to Covenant College for their final regular season contest of the year. First serve is slated for 1:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Maryville College Men's Tennis vs Johnson University Men
Apr 17, 2019 at Knoxville, Tenn.
Johnson University Men 8, Maryville College Men's Tennis 1
1. Carson Byington (JUM) def. Austin Smith (MVCM) 3-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-8)
2. Michael Rhodenbaugh (JUM) def. Cole Stinson (MVCM) 6-3, 6-0
3. Malachi Carr (JUM) def. Beau Branton (MVCM) 6-0, 6-2
4. Stephen Damon (JUM) def. Egan Spoltore (MVCM) 6-0, 6-0
5. Dalton Sauer (JUM) def. Andre Matamoros (MVCM) 6-2, 7-5
6. Andrew Williamson (JUM) def. Caleb Underdown (MVCM) 6-1, 6-3
Maryville College Men's Tennis 0-15
Johnson University Men 4-11