The Maryville College Women's Tennis squad rolled to an 8-1 victory on Saturday afternoon, as they topped Ohio Christian University at Tyson Tennis Center in Knoxville, Tenn.
The win marks the second for the Scots this season – one which spans over the fall and spring semesters.
The Scots began early, sweeping doubles competition. Anastasia Dunn and Kayla Zimmerman took an 8-1 victory in the top-seeded doubles competition, before McKennah Francis and Carter Dickinson won 8-3 in their doubles match. Anna Katherine Harris and Joyce Coling completed the sweep with an 8-2 victory.
Francis took a top-seed victory over Drayah Johnston in two sets, as Zimmerman matched her with a 7-5 win in set one and a 6-2 victory in the second. Dickinson won in three sets, after fighting off a 7-5 loss in the first, as Dunn swept Kaylee Dickson, 6-2, 6-1. Coling earned a two-set sweep in the sixth-seed, as Harris fell in a tough three-set match against Chelsi Mason.
Maryville College will look to carry today's victory into tomorrow, as they open USA South play. The Scots will face LaGrange College at 9:30 a.m. The match – due to the weather forecast – will be played indoors at the Cedar Bluff Racquet Club in Knoxville, Tenn.
Women's Tennis Match Results
Ohio Christian University vs Maryville College
Mar 10, 2018 at Knoxville, Tenn.
Maryville College 8, Ohio Christian University 1
1. McKennah Francis (MVCW) def. Drayah Johnston (OCU) 6-2, 6-2
2. Kayla Zimmerman (MVCW) def. Jerika Smith (OCU) 7-5, 6-2
3. Carter Dickinson (MVCW) def. Athina Peterson (OCU) 5-7, 6-1, 1-0
4. Anastasia Dunn (MVCW) def. Kaylee Dickson (OCU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Chelsi Mason (OCU) def. Anna-Kath. Harris (MVCW) 6-4, 3-6, 1-0
6. Joyce Coling (MVCW) def. Kassadie Martin (OCU) 6-2, 6-4
3. Anna-Kath. Harris/Joyce Coling (MVCW) def. Lauren Copeland/Chelsi Mason (OCU) 8-2
Ohio Christian University 2-5
Maryville College 2-3
Played at Tyson Tennis Center in Knoxville, Tenn.