Maryville College earned their second-consecutive victory on Sunday afternoon, as the Scots took down Oakland City University, 8-1.
The win marks the second in the last two days for Maryville, as they defeated LaGrange College in USA South play yesterday.
Kayla Zimmerman earned a victory in both singles and doubles, as she earned a victory over second-seed Hannah Wilson, 6-1, 6-1. Zimmerman teamed up with doubles partner Anastasia Dunn for an 8-3 win over Elise Thomason and Morgan Hamilton.
Dunn also won her singles match in the four seed, taking down Hamilton 6-0, 6-1. Carter Dickinson defeated Chelsea Doty in a tiebreaker, 3-6, 6-1, 10-8, as Dickinson coupled with McKennah Francis for an 8-2 doubles victory.
Maryville will step back into USA South play on Wednesday, April 3. The Scots will face Brevard College on the MC Tennis Courts with first serve set for 1:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Oakland City University vs Maryville College W-Tennis
Mar 31, 2019 at Knoxville, Tenn.
Maryville College W-Tennis 8, Oakland City University 1
1. Elise Thomason (OCUW) def. McKennah Francis (MVCW) 6-2, 6-0
2. Kayla Zimmerman (MVCW) def. Hannah Wilson (OCUW) 6-1, 6-1
3. Carter Dickinson (MVCW) def. Chelsea Doty (OCUW) 3-6, 6-1, 1-0 (10-8)
4. Anastasia Dunn (MVCW) def. Morgan Hamilton (OCUW) 6-0, 6-1
5. Savannah Bain (MVCW) def. Jailyn Brantley (OCUW) 6-1, 6-4
6. Kaleigh Basilio (MVCW) def. Abigail Massengale (OCUW) 6-2, 6-4
Oakland City University 5-11
Maryville College W-Tennis 4-6