Maryville College earned the seventh victory of the season on Wednesday afternoon, as the Scots defeated Johnson University, 6-3.
Zimmerman defeated Hannah Hamm, 6-1, 6-2, as she coupled with Dunn for an 8-5 doubles victory. Dunn also won her singles match in the fourth seed, defeating Iris Loveday, 6-2, 6-1.
Bain and Basilio downed Olivia Anderson and Emily Allen in doubles action, 8-3, as Bain defeated Anderson, 6-4, 6-2 in singles competition. Basilio won over Allen, 6-0, 6-1, in singles action, as well.
Maryville College will return to action on Friday, April 19, as they travel to Lookout Mountain, Ga. First serve in the USA South match with Covenant College is slated for 1:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Maryville College W-Tennis vs Johnson University - Women
Apr 17, 2019 at Knoxville, Tenn.
Maryville College W-Tennis 6, Johnson University - Women 3
1. Danielle Keehner (JUW) def. McKennah Francis (MVCW) 6-0, 7-6 (10-4)
2. Kayla Zimmerman (MVCW) def. Hannah Hamm (JUW) 6-1, 6-2
3. Madi Buchanan (JUW) def. Carter Dickinson (MVCW) 6-2, 6-3
4. Anastasia Dunn (MVCW) def. Iris Loveday (JUW) 6-2, 6-1
5. Savannah Bain (MVCW) def. Olivia Anderson (JUW) 6-4, 6-2
6. Kaleigh Basilio (MVCW) def. Emily Allen (JUW) 6-0, 6-1
Maryville College W-Tennis 7-8
Johnson University - Women 4-12